Thursday, February 4, 2016

Leaving Home to Make a New Home


 Leaving home for three months is not an easy thing to do.  I
had some last minute regrets about missing family, packing the wrong things, and just simply what it would be like to be on the other side of the world.  In the end, the plane tickets were already purchased and there was no backing out.  I boarded the planes and said goodbye to the snow covered plains for the next 84 days.   
Flying into the Newark airport I received a pleasant surprise of seeing not only New York City, but also getting a bird’s eye view of the Statue of Liberty.  She may have been smaller than my pinky fingernail, but it still counts!   
And before I knew it I was “across the pond” and landing in Ireland.  Time change was a kick in the face when we landed at 7am and had to be ready to start our day even though we had lost an entire six hours of sleep.  I’ve been in Ireland for only four days and am already in love with the beautiful landscape and the powerful Atlantic.  I’m excited to see what next week will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment